Made in USA
TechDiamondTools polishing compounds are suitable for lapping, polishing, and sharpening. All diamond pastes are oil-soluble and have no color added. The former provides faster cutting, and the latter allows using them on materials with high permeability.
A set of 5 diamond compounds is helpful when you need more than one polishing paste for your project. Each contains five different grits for a 5 step lapping or polishing process. You can choose from 4 different combinations of compounds. One will help with the stock removal, and another will create a mirror finish, etc. Please, see our Grit Guide below to determine what set suits you best.
General usage instructions:
- Size: Grit 400-100,000 - at your option
- Concentration: High (50%), Medium (25%), Light (10%) - at your option
- Weight: 5 grams /0.176 oz
- No color additives
- Clean the surface thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of polishing compound on a piece of wool cloth or a polishing tool of choice.
- Spread the compound evenly.
- Buff the surface in a circular and (or) back-and-forth motion until you achieve the desired results.
- To avoid contamination, use separate and different pieces of cloth for each different grit size used.
- 200,000 Grit, 0 to 0.1 Microns – The Finest Polish
- 100,000 Grit, 0 to 0,25 Microns – Final Polish
- 50,000 Grit, 0 to 0,5 Microns – Final Polish
- 14,000 Grit, 0 to 1 Microns – Final Polish
- 8,000 Grit, 0 to 2 Microns – Mirror Finish
- 5,000 Grit, 1.5 to 3 Microns – Mirror Finish
- 4,000 Grit, 2 to 4 Microns – Mirror Finish
- 3,000 Grit, 3 to 6 Microns – Fine Polish
- 2,000 Grit, 4 to 8 Microns – Fine Polish
- 1,500 Grit, 6 to 12 Microns – Pre Polish, Fine Lapping
- 1,200 Grit, 8 to 16 Microns – Lapping Metals
- 800 Grit, 14 to 24 Microns – Stock Removal or Lapping Metals
- 600 Grit, 22 to 36 Microns – Stock Removal or Lapping Metals
- 500 Grit, 36 to 54 Microns – Medium Fast Lapping
- 400 Grit, 54 to 80 Microns – Medium Fast Lapping