TechDiamondTools diamond polishing compounds are suitable for lapping, polishing, and sharpening. All diamond pastes are oil-soluble and have no added color. The former provides faster cutting, and the latter allows using them on materials with high permeability.
A set of 3 diamond compounds is helpful when you need more than one polishing paste for your project. Each contains three different grits for a 3 step lapping or polishing process. You can choose from more than ten different combinations of compounds. One will help with the stock removal, and another will create a mirror finish, etc. Please, see our Grit Guide below to determine what set suits you best.
- Quantity: 3 polishing compounds of different grit
- Size: Grit 200,000-400 (0-80 microns) – at your option
- Concentration: High (50%), Medium (25%), and Light (10%) – at your option.
- Weight: 5 grams /0.176 oz in each syringe
- No color additives
General usage instructions:
- Clean the surface thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of polishing compound on a piece of wool cloth or a polishing tool of choice.
- Spread the compound evenly.
- Buff the surface in a circular and (or) back-and-forth motion until you achieve the desired results.
- To avoid contamination, use separate and different pieces of cloth for each different grit size used.
- 200,000 Grit, 0 to 0.1 Microns – The Finest Polish
- 100,000 Grit, 0 to 0,25 Microns – Final Polish
- 50,000 Grit, 0 to 0,5 Microns – Final Polish
- 14,000 Grit, 0 to 1 Microns – Final Polish
- 8,000 Grit, 0 to 2 Microns – Mirror Finish
- 5,000 Grit, 1.5 to 3 Microns – Mirror Finish
- 4,000 Grit, 2 to 4 Microns – Mirror Finish
- 3,000 Grit, 3 to 6 Microns – Fine Polish
- 2,000 Grit, 4 to 8 Microns – Fine Polish
- 1,500 Grit, 6 to 12 Microns – Pre Polish, Fine Lapping
- 1,200 Grit, 8 to 16 Microns – Lapping Metals
- 1,050 Grit, 12 to 20 Microns – Lapping Metals
- 800 Grit, 14 to 24 Microns – Stock Removal or Lapping Metals
- 600 Grit, 22 to 36 Microns – Stock Removal or Lapping Metals
- 500 Grit, 36 to 54 Microns – Medium Fast Lapping
- 400 Grit, 54 to 80 Microns – Medium Fast Lapping
Used 4k, 8k, 50k on Ethiopian opal and did not have any issues with the color of the diamond paste bleeding in my opals. I would buy again.
Thank you for your review! We are looking forward to fulfilling your next order!